1. Wedding clothes. You don’t have to wear a white dress and a black tuxedo if you don’t want to. Your wedding day is all about YOU! Does the conventional traditional dress code doesn’t fill you with joy? You don’t need to conform. Choose accessories that show off your personality and colours to suit the season. Choose a wedding outfit that makes you feel happy and comfortable. This will shine through in the photographs that your wedding photographer takes. Remember: Alicante has a warm climate, even in the winter months.
2. Choose a stunning venue that reflects your style. Alicante has some amazing venues with beautiful views of the Mediterranean and unique features that will make your wedding stand out and be remembered. From boutique farmhouses to backyard weddings, micro intimate wedding ceremonies to 200+ guest lists, elopements hiking up a mountain to deluxe city centre hotels – where you get married needs to reflect your personality as a couple. Think about where you spend your time together, what you do on your time off, what makes you happy, and where you LOVE visiting.
3. Don’t be afraid to make your wedding all about you and your partner. The thought of your Alicante wedding should be making you smile from ear to ear if it isn’t… what can you do to make that happen?
4. Incorporate traditional touches of Spain. Think about incorporating local dishes, music, and decorations into your wedding. This will make your wedding more authentic and memorable.
Have a shared hobby or a favourite cocktail you both enjoy? Incorporate this into your Alicante wedding. Make sure to include elements that remind you of your relationship.
5. Write your own vows. Writing your own vows is a great way to make your ceremony more heartfelt and personal.
6. Use meaningful décor. Have your wedding décor reflect what’s important to you. This could be anything from photos of your family members to souvenirs from your travels. Bringing these special elements to your destination wedding in Alicante will ensure you have a piece of home with you.
7. Involve your family and friends. Ask friends and family to be a part of the ceremony in Alicante. This could be anything from having them give a speech to having them help with your flowers.
8. Create a personalised wedding hashtag and encourage your guests to use it on social media.
9. Take a moment to soak in the beauty of Alicante and the love of your family and friends on your special day.
10. Hire a professional photographer! You can’t put a price on your precious memories being captured forever. A local Alicante-based English-speaking photographer will know their way around the city and surrounding countryside and be able to give you lots of tips on how to get the most from your day.
I’m always happy to answer any questions about wedding photography or other wedding details you may have. Contact me here.
Congratulations on your engagement!